I am 18 years old and i had sex during periods

Patient

Q: I am 18 years old and i had sex during my period, and now i have been getting back pains and lower abdomen pains, and a burning sensation when i go to the toilet, am i pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

The possibility of pregnancy is less in your case as usually ovulation will not occur during menstruation in case of regular periods.
Pain abdomen, burning sensation etc you are having could be due to pelvic infection or urinary tract infection transmitted due to the intercourse.
If the symptoms persist, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.

Hope this helped.
Take care