Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 18 years old and married My husband is 19.

I am 18 years old and married My husband is 19.

Patient: I am 18 years old and married.. My husband is 19. We have been trying to concieve for 5-7 months now.. And its not working… My period is irregular and I use an app thats suppose to help predict ovulation.. My period has been late several times but we always get our hopes up and the tests are always negative. Is something wrong with me?? Or him??

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are having irregular periods better to go for ovulat ion induction drugs with your doctor’s advice.Then you can go for follicular study by ultrasound, it can help in identifying the time of ovulation.Then according to that you can plan unprotected intercourse around ovulation, which will increase the chances of pregnancy.Before it better to test the seminal analysis of your husband to rule out male factor problems.Take care.