I am 18 years old and my penis has a

Patient: I am 18 years old and my penis has a very noticeable curve when it is erect. I don’t think I have Peyronie’s disease as there are no hard lumps on my penis that indicate the presence of scar tissue. This issue is affecting my self-confidence a lot so I was wondering if there anything I can do to straighten my penis without surgery or equipment? Ideally I’m looking for a method that I can easily carry out at home without having to pay for equipment.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The bending of penis after complete erection is known as CHORDE E and not Peyronie’s disease. Peyronie’s disease is erection of penis for more than 4 hrs at a stretch, usually seen after using higher dose of viagra in adolescents who abuse it. But natural bending or chordee is due to presence of scar tissue in the corpus spongiosum during the penile development.There is no medical cure for it but surgically it can be corrected and the bend can be straightened. Please meet a urologist and a cosmetic surgeon and they both would be able to help you further.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Thank you for your reply. Is it unusual that this has developed over the last two or three years? The curve wasn’t noticeable until I was near the end of puberty. Also just to clarify, is surgery the only way I can straighten my penis? I’ve read online that there are exercises that can be done. Do you think exercises would have any positive effects?

Doctor: If exercises not working and only corrective measure remains surgical intervention with excision of scar tissue and restructuring.