Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 18 years old I had sex for the first time

I am 18 years old I had sex for the first time

Patient: I am 18 years old. I had sex for the first time last Tuesday and now I am 2 days late from my period but I been experiencing period like symptoms. Every time I check it’s always a white discharge. What does that mean??

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You are experiencing period-like sym ptoms and there is a white discharge. White discharge can sometimes be normal before the expected periods. Periods can be often delayed by 3-4 days. So please do not worry.If you do not get your period in the next 1 week, get the urine pregnancy test done although the chances are remote.Pregnancy can occur if intercourse happens around the ovulation time which is mid-cycle. So considering your cycles are regular ( 28-35 days ), unprotected intercourse should be avoided on 8th-20th day of the cycle to completely negate any risk of unwanted pregnancy.Hope this was helpful.Regards.