Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 19, i am sexually active with no stds.

I am 19, i am sexually active with no stds.

Patient: I am 19, i am sexually active with no stds or any serious medical history except a fungal infection, i have missed my period. i think i might be 2-3 weeks pregnant. is it safe to take an abortion pill on my own?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query at ATD.I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.Abortion pills should always be taken under supervision of a doctor or an expert because sometimes it may cause severe bleeding, infection and retained product of conception.As you are too young you must go to a doctor and get your ultrasound pelvic done to see the exact weeks and site of pregnancy to rule out ectopic pregnancy.Hope found usefulGood luck.Regards