I am 20 weeks pregnant

Patient: I am 20 weeks pregnant. I have had my 20 week ultrasound and everything was good except they found a choroid plexus cyst in my baby’s brain just a small one.No other abnormalities were found and all normal amniotic fluid! All my blood work was negative for the triple screening. My dr told me not to worry but I want a good answer that’s gonna ease my mind. He says these are a fairly common subject now and never amounts to nothing. What do you think

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Choroid plexus cysts are frequent developmental anomalies which are benign in nature and seen in the ventricles of the brain. There is nothing much though which can be done intrauterine during the pregnancy of the cyst and only follow can be done with 3 weekly targeted ultrasounds to look for any increase in size which if grows more than 6mm-8mm can cause obstruction in the CSF flow and can lead to hydrocephalus in utero. Sometimes, these cysts tend to get resolved on their own. So the best would be to follow them up with serial ultrasounds.Hope this helps.Regards