I am 20 weeks pregnant I had a cerclage

Patient

Q: I am 20 weeks pregnant I had a cerclage 2 weeks ago I am still having sever and cramps and back pain my doctor won't give me anything for pain is this normal?

Doctor

Severe back pain and cramps after a cerclage could mean there is a possibility of the cervix giving way and leading to preterm labour. You may need tocolysis to arrest the possibility of going into labour. Kindly see a gynecologist and elaborate on these symptoms for medications for tocolysis and pain relief. Stop strenuous activities and rest yourself appropriately. Also, avoid constipation. Drink plenty of water every day.

Hope this helped.