Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 20 years old girl suffering from a skin

I am 20 years old girl suffering from a skin

Patient: I am 20 years old girl suffering from a skin condition that I dont really know what it is.i have these round patches on my cheeks it kind looks like ringworms but they not itchy, they were red but now its turning black, it looks like burned scars and its so dry,please docters help me

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is some photosensitive condition.In such cases, sun protection is must.The depigmenting agents like kojic acid, glycolic acid, arbutin, vitamin C are advised for the dark patches depending on the condition.Still It would have been better for me if you could attach the photographs .You should visit your doctor in person so that he can visualize the scars and advise you accordingly.You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.Stay healthy.