I am 20 years old. My girlfriend and I were having sex on Thursday,

Q: Dear doctor,

I am 20 years old. My girlfriend and I were having sex on Thursday, April 2, and in the act the condom broke and I finished inside her (not all of it, a little bit). I did not want her to take the Plan B pill, because her period was supposed to arrive the very next day, and so it did. Her period came on Friday, April 3rd in the afternoon. I wanted to know if there is a chance of her getting pregnant.

Thank you for all your help, and I hope to hea from you soon, as I am very worried.

Best regards,

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Since you she got her periods after the play you had, she is safe and not pregnant.
Pregnancy tests done by urine kit at home usually get positive only after 10 days of missing the periods. Since her next cycle is due, so there is no point in getting pregnancy test done.
Moreover, chances of getting pregnancy are almost nil as you have got your periods few days after having the play.
I would advise you to be cautious next time and to use emergency contraceptive pill in case of failed contraception.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy