October 16, 2018

I am 21, female, 5’8 and am having trouble losing weight.

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 21, female, 5’8 and am having trouble losing weight.

Patient: I am 21, female, 5’8″ and am having trouble losing weight. I eat a very strict, very routine 1,200 calories a day. I have no appetite and don’t get cravings. I am tired all the time, yet cannot get myself down from 175. This has never been an issue for me before, I have no idea what is going on. I gained about 10 pounds randomly a year ago with no dietary change, and couldn’t get rid of it. I also got cellulite, despite walking and exercising every day.

Doctor: Hi,Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Thank you for your query.In some people, the calorie need is about 1200 to 1400 ca lories per day. Assuming that you have a low-calorie requirement per day, you may not be losing any weight. I recommend that you restrict your diet to 1000 calories per day. Also, start working out till you are pumped and sweating for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week.If you are still not able to lose weight, please consult a Doctor.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No

READ THIS NEXT

×
Show