Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 21 years old and throughout my life I

I am 21 years old and throughout my life I

Patient: I am 21 years old and throughout my life I have always had a very high sex drive and no sexual issues. Around 7 months ago I had a complete loss of sexual desire accompanied by erectile dysfunction. I rarely have morning erections and when I do they are very weak. The onset was very fast and it happened before I even realized it. I am not under a lot of stress(besides this issue) or depressed. I have had some blood samples taken and the results were fine. Its like my whole sexual system has shut down. I can’t think of any reason why it would be a psychological issue. Do you have any opinions on what could be the cause and is there anything I can do about it?

Symptoms: No sex drive
erectile dysfunction

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.See a Doctor to confirm the diagnosis. See a specialist such as a sexologist. I cannot s uggest any cause as there could be close to a 100 causes based on the history you have given. This will be ruled out by examination. If you have reflex action needed for sex, then you are fine. All the best.Hope this helps you.