I am 23, female I had my period on time

Patient : I am 23, female. I had my period on time last month, May 19th. It lasted a normal four days, but was dark brown in color almost the whole time. I have never had this happen before. This month, June, I started on the 5th. It is bright red and a pretty heavy flow. I woke up to a large puddle of blood. I don't feel any particular discomfort out of the ordinary, but my cycle has been on time for several months and I'm concerned. There are no indications of pregnancy, but I have had intercourse either with a condom or pull out method in the last few months. The last time being the fifth, when I started my period, and before that it was April. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to figure out why it would come so early, and if there is correlation to having a very dark flow the month prior.
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. The possible causes of your bleeding are postcoital bleedin g due to vaginal mucosal tear, cervical erosion etc, intermenstrual bleeding due to causes like during ovulation or in other days due to gonadal hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion etc, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding, miscarriage etc. If the heavy bleeding persists or menstrual irregularity repeats better to consult your doctor once and get examined. By examination causes like post coital tear, cervical erosion can be ruled out. If your doctor recommends go for ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile etc. Ultrasound will help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy and also any endometrial abnormality. Hormonal profile helps in finding out hormonal imbalance. Then with your doctor's advice you can take treatment according to the cause of your problem. Take care