Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 23 have been in the hospital for 4

I am 23 have been in the hospital for 4

Patient: I am 23 have been in the hospital for 4 days was released now experiencing severe pain in stomach and dizzy hard to stand up nausea and vomiting tired not my appendix is removed in 2001

Symptoms: Sever pain in abdomen dizzy tired hard to stand

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We understand your concern.Such pain abdomen is mostly due to acid reflux or gall bladder issues like stones in gall bladder called as Cholelithiasis.If the pain is radiating to back so we need to keep gall bladder issues and pancreatic issues on the top of the list.If you consume alcohol then the possibility of pancreatitis is high, however it’s not that pancreatitis is caused by alcohol only, gall bladder stones if causing obstruction can also cause pancreatitis. So, for evaluation of Gall bladder issues you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen which will rule out any Cholelithiasis or PancreatitisIf your Ultrasound is normal, you would require treatment for Acid reflux. In acid reflux disease a combination of Omeprazole and Domperidone helps greatly.You should take soft, bland diet as spicy food aggravates acidity. In case of acute pain you can take anti flatulent syrup like Digene or Gelusil.In people whom the problem persists even after this treatment and no other cause is found on Ultrasound then Upper GI Endoscopy is indicated to rule out Gastric/Duodenal Ulcers infected with h.pylori.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy