I am 23 years old and 35 weeks pregnantTill my

Patient

Q: I am 23 years old and 35 weeks pregnant.Till my last check up my glucose in urine was negative.Recent check up showed 50 mg/dl. My blood sugar is in control and ketones are negative.What will be the cause of excess sugar in urine?

Doctor

A:   Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.

I can understand your concerns.
If your blood sugar under control and you are not diabetic than blood sugar in urine can be due to renal glycosuria a condition in which blood supply increase to kidney and cause more absorption and secretion of sugar in urine.
It can occur during pregnancy due to increased blood supply to the organs.
Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.

Good luck.