I am 3 days behind my period and I been

Patient : I am 3 days behind my period and I been asexually active but use protection I been having cramps that indicate that I should be getting my period but haven't
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes. Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only. So, better to wait for four to five days. Possibly you may get periods by that time as you are having premenstrual cramps. If you do not get periods even after five days, please go for urine pregnancy test once. Take care.