I am 30 yrs old and I had a left salpingo-oophorectomy

Q: I am 30 yrs old and I had a left salpingo oophorectomy Nov 25th 2014 due to a large endometrioma on my left ovary. My last period was January 5th 2015. I felt great after recovery and everything seemed to be completely normal. I have now missed 2 periods and have the worst pain in my breasts that I have ever felt in my life. The breast pain has been going on over a month. I have grown a full cup size. I am exhausted all the time. Basically I just feel crappy. Is this normal?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

My guess is that the surgery has caused an imbalance in the hormones of the body. This imbalance may cause an increase in the size of the breasts. The increase in size can also cause pain in the breasts.

Breast pain is never normal and you should talk to a Gynecologist as soon as possible. You should also do this if you are having a lump in the breasts.

I hope this helps you. All the best.