Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 32 weeks pregnant and me and my boyfriend

I am 32 weeks pregnant and me and my boyfriend

Patient: I am 32 weeks pregnant and me and my boyfriend had sex and I got a really bad pain in my stomach for a second and a couple of minutes later I started bleeding very bad (bright red) then it started to get darker… what does this mean?

Symptoms: Bleeding

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It 8s recommended to avoid rigorous intercourse during pregnancy. There could have b een a local cervical tear or even a placental abruption leading to bleeding. This can be harmful to.the baby as well. Kindly do not wait any longer and rush to the ER soon. An examination by a gynecologist followed by an ultrasound would be of great value in deciding the further management.Hope this helped.Regards