I am 32 weeks pregnant diagnosed with mod to severe anemia.

Patient : I am 32 weeks pregnant diagnosed with mod to severe anemia. Ive had 2 bloodtests in 6 weeks and no improvement despite 2 iron pills a day. Im terrifed my unborn child is not getting enough oxygen. I read anemia is risk factor for preterm labor stillbirth and sids. I've already suffered one. What should i do? What treatment should i receive and how soon should i receive it?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Treatment for anemia depends on the cause and severity of symptoms. Sometimes other anemias like megaloblastic anemia etc may occur associated with iron deficiency anemia, which may not improve with simple iron replacement. So, you need through evaluation to find out the possible cause of anemia by undergoing investigations like complete blood picture, peripheral smear, checking for inherited disorders like sickle cell anemia etc. According to the findings treatment can be planned. If anemia is not getting improved with tablets you may need parental methods like injections or blood transfusion depending on severity. Take care.