I am 32 year old man with high lipid levels

Patient: Iam 32 year old man..two week back my lipid profile test was done. .total cholesterol was 231 mg/dl..triglycerides 277..hdl 23..ldl 152 nd vldl 55 mg/dl..after that iam under strict diet control and doing exercise daily for about 30 mnt..today same test is done..total cholesterol and ldl came down to normal..it is 182 mg/dl and 83 mg/dl respectively…but hdl and triglycerides still abnormal…triglycerides 387 and hdl 21…iam not diabetic and over weight…what may be the reason for it..shal I do any other test?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.You have deranged lipid profile. With such high level of triglycerides, treatment is warra nted.I would advise you to get following investigations done:1. Fasting Blood Sugar2. Thyroid Profile.3. ECG.You should be started on a combination containing Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate.Reduce your weight.Avoid Fatty food, alcohol, smoking, potato, rice, oil.This is my best opinion for you.You should discuss with your Doctor before acting upon any advice.Stay healthy.