Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 32 years old mother of a 4 yr old

I am 32 years old mother of a 4 yr old

Patient: I am 32 years old…mother of a 4 yr old daughter…i had to go through a d&c on 12 March 2015 due to having blighten ovum..which is 4 weeks ago…but i am still having light brown discharge… is it normal?.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.After undergoing D&C for causes like abortion or blighted o vum etc, spotting can be seen for one to two weeks usually.But having brown discharge for four weeks continuously is somewhat abnormal.So, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.By clinical examination and ultrasound, the possible cause of your problem like any possibility of retained products etc can be ruled out and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care