Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 35 weeks pregnant. is red raspberry tea safe?

I am 35 weeks pregnant. is red raspberry tea safe?

Patient: Im 35 weeks pregnant. Is red raspberry leaf tea safe? How much can i have in a day?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.As you are already 35 weeks, raspberry leaf tea per se cannot cause any effect on the foetal growth or cause any abnormalities as you are well beyond the susceptible period. Moreover, the tannin associated with tea generally gets metabolised sooner if taken once or twice in a day. So it is better to keep it under check as the effects of raspberry leaf tea per se haven’t been studied in trials and hence nothing can be convincingly advised. It is better not to use new things during pregnancy which may cause any harm or about which, not enough evidence is present for a beneficial usage.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards