Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 36, non-diabetic i tested sugar level in november

I am 36, non-diabetic i tested sugar level in november

Patient: I am 36, non-diabetic. i tested sugar level in november 2014. how often i should check ?my parents are alsonon-diabetic

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.if you have family history of diabetes and your blood sugar is no rmal till now, you don’t need to get it repeated again and again. Just get a fasting blood sugar checked every 6 months. In case you get any symptom of diabetes like weight loss or gain, polyphagia, polyuria, polydipsia then you should get your blood sugar tested immediately.I would advise you to eat healthy and exercise daily to keep your pancreas working potentially.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy