I am 36 weeks pregnant and have had cramping consistently

Patient : I am 36 weeks pregnant and have had cramping consistently for 4 hours in my pelvis and lower back and abdomen. It doesnt matter what position i am in they dont stop and,they are so close together its almost constant. Could this be labor?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Abdominal and pelvic pains with increasing frequency and se verity may suggest labor pains. Sometimes preterm labor can be seen in some women at around 36 weeks. So, better to consult your doctor as early as possible and get evaluated. By clinical examination and ultrasound the possibility of preterm labor and the possible cause for it can be identified and management can be planned accordingly. Take care.