I am 37 year female I had viral cold more

Patient

Q: I am 37 year female. I had viral cold more than a month back and the cough has stayed back . The X-ray report says hazy bronchovascular markings with diffuse bronchialwall thickening. Nonspecific lower respiratory tract change may be inflammatory or infectious nature which requires clinical correlation. Is this the first sign of asthma. Please advise!

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

To recapitulate: 37 / female - had viral - month back - cough has stayed back.
The X-ray report says hazy broncho vascular markings with diffuse bronchial wall thickening. Nonspecific lower respiratory tract change may be inflammatory or infectious nature which requires clinical correlation.
Your Question: Is this the first sign of asthma.
No this is definitely not asthma. Asthma is totally a different disorder in which there is wheezing and the X-ray chest is necessarily normal unless there is secondary problem.

You problem is the sequel of the Viral infection you had in the past which never recovered well.
The X-ray is suggestive of secondary changes of lower respiratory tract infection.
Consult a Physician to get a proper course of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medicines, supportive ones like that needed for coughing, multivitamins acting as anti-oxidants and you will be fine.

I hope this answer helps you.