I am 37 years old, I am 6 days late.

Patient: I am 37 years old, I am 6 days late and have started spotting pink an brown blood. I have taken two hpt both have been negative. I have all the symptoma of being pregnan . Im really confuse . can I be pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,If you have missed your periods by 6 days now and the pregnancy test is negati ve then it is unlikely that you would be pregnant. The delay is likely to be due to hormonal imbalances during the month and it is suggested that you should wait for our menses to resume. if your menses don’t resume in absence of pregnancy now, till 15th post missed period day , then you may opt for a withdrawal bleed with progesterone to resume your menses again.Pregnancy can be confirmatively ruled out by a serum beta hcg test which can be performed in the lab even today . if the levels are less than 1 then there is no pregnancy , else if more than 1, pregnancy is confirmed. You may consider the option and take uninformed decision.I hope i have addressed your concern in detail here,wishing you good health,regards