I am 43 year old female and missed my period

Patient

Q: I am 43 year old female and missed my period. I got two faint positives when i did two home pregnancy tests two and four days after missing my period. Today is day six after my missed period and woke up with fairly heavy bleeding and cramping. It is similar consistency and colour to my usual period and has not stopped all morning and afternoon and shows signs of increasing that I have had to wear a pad now. Cramping of lower abdomen is persistent. I had sharp pain yesterday on my right lower side and this morning similar pain with some movement (it felt like something was travelling down fallopian tube).
Can you please advise as I dont know what to do? Thanks and can you tell me if I pregnancy is still safe. Thanks.

Symptoms:  Bleeding, heavy, red blood and cramping in lower abdomen and occasional pain in right lower side (near groin)
Doctor

Bleeding with cramps and a history of missed period, would indicate a pregnancy. Especially when the reading is faintly positive, it will mean an ectopic as well, it has to be ruled out immediately. In case of an ectopic, you might need immediate admission and surgical management.
To say whether the pregnancy is safe or not, you will have to consult a gynecologist and go in for an ultrasound examination. It will help in ruling out ectopic and confirm the viability of the pregnancy

Hope this helped.