Ask The Doctor > Pending > I am 46 year old female In March I had

I am 46 year old female In March I had

Patient: I am 46 year old female. In March I had severe pain in my left lung when breathing in I called my PCP office and they told me to go to the ER since I have a hiatal hernia (acid reflux and Barrett’s) while at the ER they did blood work and X-ray the results of all were good. They did discover though that my resting heart rate was in the 40’s. Told me to follow up with PCP and Cardiologist which I did. PCP said I had pleurisy and to follow up with cardiologist on the Bradycardia. I went to cardiologist he ordered ZIO XT heart monitor and ultra sound of my heart. The ultra sound showed mild aortic stenosis and the heart monitor showed average heart rate at 65. The lowest it got during sleep was 37. I started experiencing fatigue ( all the tone) and shortness of breath with activity two years ago. The cardiologist said to see a thyroid doctor. I have been due to do a thyroid nodule I have that is being rechecked this month. My TSH test come back normal it low normal. I have a sister who had thyroid removed because of cancer. I am concerned about the Bradycardia and the cardiologist telling me unless I am fainting not to worry. I took my heart rate frequently while wearing the monitor and it was too low often in 40’s and 50’s. Should this be ignored for now?

Doctor: