I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant and my blood

Patient : I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant and my blood test for hcg came back at 35830 is this high
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. The expected beta hCG levels at 5 weeks of gestation are 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml and at 6 weeks the levels can increase to 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml. So, your beta hCG levels are can be considered as upper normal level. Better to go for ultrasound to rule out other possible causes of high beta hcg levels like twin gestation, molar pregnancy etc. Take care.