I am 5 weeks pregnant today and started spotting on

Patient : I am 5 weeks pregnant today and started spotting on Saturday afternoon after sex on Saturday morning. I am still spotting now and it is brownish in colour. Am I having a miscarriage?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. The possible causes of postcoital spotting in pregnancy are postcoital tear over vaginal mucosa, increased blood supply to local genital organs, cervical erosion, threatened abortion etc. So, please do consult your doctor and get examined. By clinical examination and ultrasound, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated. Take care