Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 54 had a hysterectomy 20 years ago Went

I am 54 had a hysterectomy 20 years ago Went

Patient: I am 54 had a hysterectomy 20 years ago. Went through menopause 3 years ago. For the past 3 days I have had light cramping and bleeding.. What could be causing this??

Symptoms: Cramping, light bleeding

Doctor: Hello ma’am,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concerns.You should consult a Gynecologist for the same and get your hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy should be done to rule out endometrial carcinoma.It can be due to atrophic vaginitis and use of estrogen cream.But any bleeding after menopause needs evaluation.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more questions.Good luck.Regards