I am 6 weeks pregnant (unplanned) 2-3 weeks after

Patient

Q: I am 6 weeks pregnant (unplanned). 2-3 weeks after conceiving, I unknowingly drank wine, was highly stressed, had a fluoride treatment at the dentist and received a MMR booster vaccine. my doctor is concerned about potential risks. online sources seem okay or inconclusive. I'd really appreciate another opinion. Thank you

Doctor

There is definitely a risk in taking MMR booster and fluoridated this time of conception. There could be some developmental anomalies in.the baby related to heart and bone development.
However We cannot exactly predict the risk. It can be said it is not conclusive but a risk exists. If you want to continue the pregnancy, you can take the risk and do all the necessary scan and level two scan at each trimester. Also discuss with you obstetrician regarding how to proceed further with this and what tests they may need to do. It is your choice to decide. We can only say there could be a risk although not quantified correctly.

Wish you a safe pregnancy

Patient: Thank you very much for your response. I have read that the risk with MMR vaccine exists if the mother contracts rubella which I have not... is this true? Can you please clarify other risks eg what else could be damaging in the vaccine etc?
Also, I'd appreciate a little more insight why fluoride might cause such issues.
Warm Regards
Doctor: Hello
Rubella is a live vaccine and it can cause emotional dysfunction like heart disorders, brain developmental problems
Fluoride is a known terarogen. Many animal studies have revealed that it can cause cleft lip, cleft.palate, poor brain development, poor rib formation etc . However there is very little evidence on human beings. Hence the risk of teratongenicity is unpredictable in humans and we leave it to the patients to decide for the same.
Patient: Thank you for all this information.
And timing of just after 2 weeks following conception is an issue I gather. Are there decent studies done? Also, would such issues show up on scans or in other tests?
Much appreciated
Doctor: Hello
The timing that you have got exposed to teratogens is vulnerable for the fetal development. You could look into the web for studies on animals and their exposure.
Patient: Even just at implantation? And MMR booster at that point/studies? Would scans show any issues? Thanks
Doctor: Hello
Scan may pick up major issues but minor anomalies can be missed.
Patient: Thanks.
What could the minor anomilies be (during pregnancy/future)?
Please clarify the above question regarding my concern over the timing (only just at implantation, the very beginning of the first trimester) with receiving the MMR booster vaccine?
Doctor: Hello
Any period in.first trimester including implantation is vulnerable for terarogenicity
Cardiac and skeletal anomalies are anticipated.
Patient: I want to thank you for your very honest and balanced opinion.
Doctor: Hello
You are welcome. Wish you good health