Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 65 years old Do I have early sign of shingles?

I am 65 years old Do I have early sign of shingles?

Patient: I am 65 years old. Do I have early sign of shingles? Very painful knees for 3 days, itchy blotchy forehead for one day and both conditions persist. I did have chickenpox as child

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to ATD.Thank you for the query.The most common early symptom in shingles is a feeling of numbne ss, itching, tingling or a burning pain centered in one part of the body or face. Often, this occurs in the abdominal area.So I don’t think its shingles. Also it occurs when your immunity is compromised.I think the symptoms are unrelated or may be due to viral infection. You should get your blood pressure checked as it can also cause such a headache. Knee pain could be age related.I would suggest you to get a complete blood work up done including CBC, ESR, random blood sugar, serum calcium and B-12 levels.You can take anti-inflammatory drugs for time being to help both of your symptoms.Do take rest and eat well.Hope this helps.Take care.