I am 65 yr old and diabetic for 15 yrsHBA1c

Patient

Q: I am 65 yr old and diabetic for 15 yrs.HBA1c in control with 6.2 to 6.8 for the past 5 yrs.Recently on my diabatologist advise underwent ct scan of heart and the report says
1.coronary calcium score 124 indicateds moderate risk.
2.20 TO 30 % stenosis in MID LAD AND PROXIMAL D1 with calcified plaque---nonobstructive CAD
3.rEST CORONARIES ARE NORMAL.

Please let me know what precautions and further course of action to be taken

Symptoms:  Slight caugh and cold
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
20-30 percent stenosis at your age is not too risky.. It will be present in most patients with atherosclerosis because of diabetes/hypertension.

Can you give a complete list of all medicines you're taking?
Are you on aspirin prophylaxis?

Feel free to discuss further.

Patient: I am taking
1.GLIMER 1MG MORNING 1TABLET NIGHT HALF BOTH BEFORE MEAL
2.GLYCIPHAGE SR 1GM MORN AND EVEN AFTER FOOD
3LOSACAR 25 MG TWICE
4.ROZAVEL 20 MG IN THE NIGHT
5.ECOSPRIN 150 MG IN THE NIGHT
EZENTIA 10 MG IN THE MORNING AFTER BREAKFAST
6.NEUROPRIME PG IN THE NIGHT.
I have no reactions for asprin.

Sometime I feel heavyness in breathing/heavyness in chest but no pain.No other symptoms
Doctor: You are on the correct set of medications.. And just keep up a good lifestyle, try to walk 3-4 kms daily and also avoid excessive spicy food or try and avoid any weight gain..

The medicines are adequate for providing protection to the heart as of now.. You can go for an echo to check your ejection fraction which should be over 65 percent.