I am 6days late for my period, had flu like

Patient

Q: I am 6days late for my period, had flu like symptoms, fatigued and sensitive breasts. Is it too soon to test for pregnancy?

Symptoms:  Flu, stuffy nose, tired, sore breasts, stomach cramps, period 6 days late.
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Recent illness like flu, changes in daily activities, stress and strain etc can affect the menstruation.
Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.
So, better to wait for few more days. If you do not get periods even after three to four days, please go for urine pregnancy test once.

Take care