I am 7 days late on my period

Patient

Q: I am 7 days late on my period, had a negative hpt. I have been told I have a cyst on my ovary after having a transvaginal ultrasound to investigate severe ongoing abdominal pain. In the last 6 months I've had 2 miscarriages and all my blood and thyroid test are normal. Could all these problems be linked. Thank you

Doctor

We need to ascertain whether the ovarian cyst is functional or has any pathology assocaited with it. It could also be an endometriotic cyst which is known to cause miscarriages and pain abdomen. Missing a period with the pregnancy test being negative cannot be directly attributed to a cyst, although polycystic ovaries are known to cause irregular and delayed menses. Kindly ask your doctor to evaluate the cause of a delayed cycle and start treatment accordingly.

Hope this helped.