I am 8 days late for my cycle and my urine smells funny

Patient

Q: I am 8 days late for my cycle and my urine smells a little funny. I took a test and it was negative

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Thanks for the query!

There are so many causes other than pregnancy which may cause delayed period.
The most common reasons are hormonal imbalance, thyroid disorder, stress, excessive weight changes, infection, PCOD, polyps and fibroid.
If the pregnancy test is negative after 8 days of a missed period, then the chances of pregnancy are very less.
You should consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and investigated to rule out the above-mentioned causes.

Hope it was useful.