I am 8 days late for my menstrual cycle

Patient

Q: I am 8 days late for my menstrual cycle and this morning I've had light bleeding I was wondering if this is normal during an early pregnancy

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes.
Premenstrual spotting can be seen sometimes, possibly this spotting can turn into regular menstrual flow.
If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is a possibility of pregnancy and sometimes spotting can be seen in early pregnancy.
Please go for urine pregnancy test to find out the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
Take care.