I am 9 weeks pregnant and im experiencing bad neasua

Patient

Q: I am 9 weeks pregnant and im experiencing bad neasua i was told by a pharmacist to use sea band ginger gum is this 100% safe for me to take while im pregnant

Doctor

A:   Hi,

According to manufacturers ginger gum helps in relieving nausea and it is safe in pregnancy.
There are no sufficient well controlled studies regarding the safety of this medicine during pregnancy and also no severe adverse effects reported.
So, you may follow your pharmacist advice.
If nausea persists, better to consult your doctor and take usual antiemetics used in pregnancy like doxinate etc.

Take care.