I am a 14 year old boy and I want

Patient : I am a 14 year old boy and I want to grow taller. What is the best way to grow taller(such as specific exercises)? I want to grow at least 5 inches taller if not at least anything.
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform. Height is constitutional and a lot depends on height of your parents. If you don't have any medical issues, the height you have is constitutional. Height increases till a age, then it stops increasing as the end of long bones fuse by this time (As you are 22 years old, your long bones end must have fused by now). If you don't have any medical problems, I would not suggest you any medicine for that. Some people try hormones, but trust me interfering with hormones of your body can be serious. Since you have no problems, you can just get your thyroid test done, however its unlikely to be a cause. Stay away from Newspaper & TV advertisements claiming to increase your height Remember "Stature doesn't make difference, Acts do" Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy