I am a 16 year old girl that plays lacrosse

Patient

Q: I am a 16 year old girl that plays lacrosse. For about a year now I have noticed that I feel a huge clump of mucus in my throat. And it causes me to have an attack. We used to think it was asthma... So I was taking an inhaler for a while. But I still had attacks when I was on it. After a long process.. The doctor told me I had Vocal Chord Dysfunction and Acid Reflux. I was curious about this though! If I truly have both of those... Wouldn't I feel problems on a day to day basis? Not just during exercise? Thanks for your time!

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

I have read your query in detail and I suppose that you are suffering from Allergic cough with post nasal drip and Acid reflux.
Get a Chest Xray done, if there are no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough.
Initially, you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm.
In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers.
For acid reflux, you should take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy