I am a 17 year old girl and I think I am

Patient : Hello, I am a 17 year old girl and I think I am having symptoms of nighttime GERD. I researched some about it online and that is what I concluded-- also what my friend whom is a nurse assumed. I had it constantly when I was very young (we didn't know what it was) and only a few nights throughout my life. But in the past few months it has been really bad. I had it about once a week and now I'm having it for the third night in a row. I have had my upper body elevated a good bit and I had steak, potatoes and green beans about 7 hours ago. As soon as I layed down for a few minutes I started feeling funny. I had been belching and my stomach had felt funny all day. I haven't slept well in quite a while and I'm not sure what to do. I'm terrified of going to the doctors office (always have been) and that's a bit of a last resort for me. Is it really GERD that I have? What should I do to help?
Symptoms:  Nighttime stomach ache, shaking, feeling hot/cold