I am a 19 year old boy Sometimes when having

Patient : I am a 19 year old boy. Sometimes when having sex my penis is not very sensitive at all, which leads to me losing my erection. This happens about 1/3times. The other 2/3 times i am able to ejaculate, but my recovery time is terrible. Me and my girlfriend will try to have sex as much as 4 hours later and i wont be able to get more than half an erection. What can i do to fix this?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, This is what is known as erectile dysfunction and the most common reason for you at this age is performance anxiety which is seen in 80% of cases. If you are able to maintain erection and ejaculate 2/3 times then the cause is more psychological rather than hormonal. You need to spend more time on foreplay to start with and if this technique fails then you can be placed on anti anxiety or mild antidepressants after ruling out testosterone deficiency ( organic cause), which can be prescribed by your PCP. In most of the cases, this initial treatment helps relieve one's anxiety and helps with the concern. I hope i have answered your query in detail, Wishing you good health, Regards

Related Q&A

Q: The end of the shaft of my penis is wrinkled when flaccid and when I get an erection it takes several minutes to expa...

Q: Hi I recently had quite vigorous sex with my partner. I noticed afterwards a small tear under my foreskin on the shaf...

Q: I had a small amount of blood in some discharge yesterday evening and I had intercourse with my boyfriend this evenin...

Q: Hey, so me and my girlfriend were about to have sex and and 45 minutes before I had a erections like 6 in row within ...

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon