I am a 21 year old woman I have had

Patient

Q: I am a 21 year old woman. I have had a sharp pain in my upper outer thigh for a week now that comes and goes. I went to the hospital 3 days ago for it and was given a steroid shot, which caused the pain in my leg to hurt worse and closer together. Yesterday morning I started to have dull right side chest pain that went from my breast, top chest and what felt like under my collar bone. The pain did not go away so I went back to the hospital. I was given an x-Ray and had my blood drawn. The x-Ray came back and showed that I have a bone spur in my back (which is not hurting) and the blood test came back negative for everything including blood clots. From the symptoms I am having, what could be the reason for this?

Symptoms:  Soreness in right breast, right upper chest, under collarbone
Doctor

A:   Welcome To Ask The Doctor.
We understand your concern.

Your history is suggestive of a condition known as Meralgia Paresthesia.
It is a type of pinched nerve. This is not a symptom of cervical issues. And yes, diabetics are prone to it.
As far as treatment of Meralgia Paresthesia is concerned, initially I would advise you to do hot fomentation with hot water bag and apply local gels like Volini over there.
If this persists even after 7 days, I would recommend treatment with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
For chest pain, you should do hot fomentation of the affected area and get an ECG done to rule out any cardiac issues.

I hope it helps.