Ask The Doctor > Pending > I am a 23 y/o female who was put on

I am a 23 y/o female who was put on

Patient: I am a 23 y/o female who was put on pills for hypothyroidism when I was 12 for a short time and my doctor randomly decided I didn’t need them anymore, after that I’ve struggled with blacking out and falling on the ground, crippling anxiety that stopped me from being able to finish high school and now from being able to get my own groceries, recently it has turned to very irregular periods, sometimes won’t see one for 4 months and then when I have one it lasts for a month or longer, almost no sex drive, My teeth are breaking off and I even had to have one pulled and have an open gap still but I blamed that on drinking Mountain Dew my entire life and not brushing my teeth, along with night sweats and hot flashes. I never thought about the hypothyroidism until I started trying to research after these ridiculous hot flashes. I’m starting to get really scared for my own life and I refuse to continue living this way. I haven’t gone back to a doctor because of lack of insurance and just plain being too scared of needles and doctors period. I am to the point of almost crying typing this out. I need help before I pass out and never wake back up.

Doctor: