I am a 23 year old dental hygiene student and

Patient

Q: I am a 23 year old dental hygiene student and I went to the doctor yesterday to get my big toe looked at. The nurse took my blood pressure but neither her or the doctor said anything to me about it being good or bad. I noticed once I got home that my recorded blood pressure was 139/96. I know that the top number is prehypertensive and my bottom number is considered stage 1 high. I am currently taking 800mg of ibuprofen right now to take care of my injured toe. I almost fainted yesterday shortly after taking my second dose of the day. Should I be concerned about my blood pressure. I am currently under a lot of stress.

Symptoms:  Prehypertension
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Yes, 139/96 is definitely high, and stress can cause this.
I will recommend you get your BP checked and monitored 3 times, because one isolated finding is not enough to diagnose hypertension.
So get it evaluated and if it is persistently high, you will need medicines for it,

Hope this was helpful,