Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am a 23 year old female and I weigh 62 kgs

I am a 23 year old female and I weigh 62 kgs

Patient: I am a 23 year old female and I weigh 62kg and am 5 foot tall. How much weight would I loose if I ate 500 calories a day for 6 weeks?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The amount of weight you lose depends on the amount of work done vs the amount of food t aken in. If the amount of calories needed by you on a day to day basis is roughly 1000 calories and you eat 500 calories, then you will lose roughly half a kg every week.This is an estimation and it depends on other factors. My advice is that you workout vigorously and eat a good healthy balanced. In this way, you will lose the weight quickly. Hope this helps you. All the best.