I am a 24 year old black femalei have dark

Patient

Q: I am a 24 year old black female.i have dark spots on my lower lip,the spots have been there since i was young,the spots are not painful and there are also no bumps.i do not smoke,and my sister who is 2 years older have the same spots.what could be the cause and treatment of this spot?.thanks!

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

The most common reason for dark spots on lips is constitutional.
It may also be due to smoking, actinic lichen planus, Discoid lupus erythematous or due to use of cosmetics.
In your case, it is most likely constitutional as you have positive family history also.
Still I will advise you to visit your doctor once so that he can do clinical examination and advise you accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.

Patient: thanks a lot!! so if its constitutional,can the natural remedies like lemon juice,apple cider vinegar etc help eliminate the spots or reduce their appearance?