I am a 28 year old female diagnosed with adhd

Q: I am a 28 year old female diagnosed with adhd. I'm 180 pounds, 5'9". I have seasonal allergies but no other health conditions. I take allegra daily and ocassionally ibuprofen but no other medications. I am a smoker (1/2 pack/day), very light drinker (a few drinks a month). Drink maybe a cup of coffee in the mornings and a soda a day.
I have been on adderall XR 30mg once a day and adderall ir 10mg once a day for 2 years. In the recent months, it's effectiveness has dropped. Other than that, I had zero negative side effects. My mouth might get a bit dry at times but other than that, nothing. Talked to my pcp and she changed me to Ritalin ir 10mg twice a day. Stopped taking the adderall 3 days ago and started the ritalin yesterday. Seems to be working okay to treat my adhd. However, my heart rate seems to be very high.. we took my pulse and it's at 108 resting right now. I'm not 100% sure what it is normally.. but it feels off. I feel off. I also feel a lot more anxious than I ever did taking my adderall.
Could this be a withdrawal side effect from the adderall? Or are these side effects likely from the ritalin?
My question is... does it seem reasonable to ask my doc to discontinue the ritalin and maybe just try to up my adderall a bit.