Patient :I am a 28 year old female. For the last 16 years my shoulders have grinded. In the last four years it has gotten even worse and is extremely painful. I have limited mobility with my arms. I am constantly pinching nerves in my neck in the middle of my upper back.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
You seem to be suffering from Compression of Cervical Disc.
The pain of cervical disc compression radiates to arm with associated tingling and numbness.
I would advise you to get an MRI Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.
For acute pain, I would advise following:
1. A Painkiller like Ibuprofen/Etoricoxib can be taken for pain relief.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac / Volini ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
5. A combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone for acid reflux.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days if this is a simple muscular pain.
If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.