I am a 28 year old female with grinding shoulders

Patient: I am a 28 year old female. For the last 16 years my shoulders have grinded. In the last four years it has gotten even worse and is extremely painful. I have limited mobility with my arms. I am constantly pinching nerves in my neck in the middle of my upper back.

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Compression of Cervical Disc.The pain of cervical d isc compression radiates to arm with associated tingling and numbness.I would advise you to get an MRI Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.For acute pain, I would advise following:1. A Painkiller like Ibuprofen/Etoricoxib can be taken for pain relief.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac / Volini ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.5. A combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone for acid reflux.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days if this is a simple muscular pain.If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy