I am a 28 year old female with grinding shoulders

Patient

Q: I am a 28 year old female. For the last 16 years my shoulders have grinded. In the last four years it has gotten even worse and is extremely painful. I have limited mobility with my arms. I am constantly pinching nerves in my neck in the middle of my upper back.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Compression of Cervical Disc.
The pain of cervical disc compression radiates to arm with associated tingling and numbness.
I would advise you to get an MRI Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.
For acute pain, I would advise following:
1. A Painkiller like Ibuprofen/Etoricoxib can be taken for pain relief.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac / Volini ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
5. A combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone for acid reflux.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days if this is a simple muscular pain.
If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy