Ask The Doctor > Pending > I am a 28 year old male with a normal

I am a 28 year old male with a normal

Patient: I am a 28 year old male with a normal lifestyle. 2 years back I started having issues with my sleep and approached the doctor. They diagnosed me with sleep apnea and asked me to use the CPAP machine. For about a week I believe I felt better on the machine(although I think it was just a placebo affect). However my case worsened than wat it was before and I started having disrupted sleeps accompanied with weird heaviness/tiredness in my lungs. Now I approached an ayurvedic doc and he called it a simple case of sinusitis and with the herbal medications I started having normal sleep patterns. I discontinued the medication after 2 months. Just to give you my history with sinusitis I stopped having those terrible headache after 21 but was frequently troubled with a blocked nose or coldAfter almost 18 months the problem surfaced again. This time when I went to the doc they figured out I had a deviated septum and suggested surgery to correct it. I went through the nasal septoplasmy procedure . it had been a month after the surgery and I see the same discomfort in my condition which I experienced when I started using the CPAP. Is it because I am not able to cope up with a higher volume of oxygen being drwan in due to an expanded nasal passage an effect that my gut feeling says was replicated by the use of a CPAP machine throwing oxygen to my nasal passages at a highened pressure. BTW I think there was a significant impact from the surgery because I have had a completely open nasal passage and no signs of cold of nasal blockage since the surgery, something which had never happened to me my entire life.

Doctor: